Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 10: The Baptist Pastor of Harlem

I live next door to a quaint little baptist church in Harlem. The people I see coming and going to the church are very sweet, friendly, and amiable people.

One thing I've never noticed, is that apparently their services are on Saturday mornings. I was under the impression that the Christian sect that views Saturday as the Sabbath was the Seventh-Day Adventists, this would be the first Baptist church I heard of doing this. Nevertheless, and I awoke lazily on Saturday morning, I could faintly hear the voice of a pastor singing into a microphone, Hallelujah, hallelujah...

I did some Zumba workouts, made some coffee, had some breakfast, went in my room to sit down to 1984... and he was still going! Hallelujah, hallelujah... 


That is some real stuff, I tell you. Tireless and still sounding good. Preach it, brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment