Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Welcome To Favorite People of the Day!

I am a person, who is not a people-person, and yet continues to find myself in situations where I need to be a people-person, and as this person, you people get to reap the benefits of my daily routine.

As a general disclaimer, when I bitch about people superficially, I mean it lightheartedly... as in, let's just laugh about the way it came off. I know that there is good and bad in everyone. I know that friends in the past who may have turned on me are a good friend to someone else. I know that the boys that broke my heart might be a great boyfriend to some other girl, all in the same way that I've hurt some friends but been exceptionally loyal to others, or broke some boys' hearts while been a devoted girlfriend to others. I don't think that people are all bad, or evil, or rude. On the contrary, life is hard, and we are all fighting a hard battle.

And with that aside, none of that necessarily means that we have to overlook when someone is acting like a douchenozzle. I live in New York City, a fabulous crossroad of the world, which gives me endless opportunities to come face to face with endless characters daily... why not document it? Instead of harboring angst or anger, I will take my reactions and turn them into something to laugh about.

At the heart of all of this, it's a way to remember one of my favorite quotes (and something I literally repeated to myself DOZENS of times while substitute teaching middle school kids in San Diego):

"We are all the least lovable when we are the most in need of love"

No comments:

Post a Comment