Friday, January 11, 2013

January 11: "We're Following The Drag Queens"

I was out with friends in the Village at a bar for after-work drinks. I was planning on going home following the second round, sneaking out when everyone relocated to a new bar, but then they said that they wanted to go dance. Well, count me in. We went to the Village Underground, only to find a cover and a live band, neither of which we were interested in. Everyone seemed a bit discouraged. Oh no, would the night just end?

Someone in the group took charge and led us away toward Christopher Street. I thought he had a plan, but all he declared was, "We're following the drag queens!"


Apparently there was a show of drag queens who knew where the party was and we were following them! We could have went anywhere, after that comment I knew that it would be a good night regardless, but we also ended up at The Monster in West Village which had a killer dance floor, so it was fabulous. But the guy who announced we were following the drag queens was my favorite person that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment